Scenes from the National Collectors Convention

Scenes from the National Collectors Convention

Harry Kalas Saved My Life!

Welcome to HKSML! The Official site for Craig Daliessio,
Author of "Harry Kalas Saved My Life"

"Everything is possible...with High Hopes!"

New Promo Video for HKSML:
Click this link----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-O9Q1bYHas

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Reason I Wrote This Book...

*When Stan Hochman wrote his article on the book three weeks ago, I received many emails. One was from a guy who's name I'll keep anonymous. He was going through a tough time and didn't have the money to buy one. I felt very strongly about sending him a copy for free and so I did.
He received it Monday afternoon...this is his email to me today...


Hi Craig;
Your book arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon and I just finished it (while the Phillies were on TV, I must add.) I did cry a couple of times while I read it and a lot of the things you wrote I've been working on in my life, but, there are a lot of things you said that I will implement in my daily routine. I have let go of my anger, but, the source of my anger is gone and quite a few people remarked to me that they've noticed that! My best friend whom I've known since I was a junior in High School who is studying Buddhism told me some time ago about performing "random acts of kindness" and you mention the same thing! Wow! This synchronicity thing really blows my mind! Thanks for mentioning Bob Prince and Mike Lange, I grew up in Pittsburgh listening to both of them and I got to meet Mr. Lange last year at a luncheon in Pittsburgh that my soon to be ex-wife suggested that I attend because I felt bad about never getting the opportunity to meet Harry Kalas and I wanted to tell Mr. Lange the same things you mentioned that you wanted to say to Harry in the book.
I'm feeling better as the days go by, and I'm not "beating myself up" as much as I used to, as a matter of fact, last Friday I sent a down payment of $100 to a Philadelphia lawyer to start the divorce ball rolling. I feel that once I can get this behind me, the sooner the better and hopefully, I'll return to Pittsburgh in September where my family and my best friend are for good. One of the few regrets I have is once I go back there, I may never be able to return to the "Bank" to see the Phillies, but, I can always go to PNC Park whenever they are in town.
Thank you so very much for the copy of the book and for signing it also! You don't know how much it meant to me when I received your e-mail saying you'd send me a free, autographed copy! I was dwelling on a lot of negative things then, and your kind gesture really picked me up! Once I saw the book in my mailbox, I basically devoured it overnight! Too bad we couldn't be in Philly at the same time, I'd love to see a Phillies game with you, perhaps it will come to pass, you never know!
"Wheels" just mentioned Tug McGraw during the game about how "Tugger" named his pitches, I used to love his "Peggy Lee" fastball! "Is that all there is?!" LOL! He also mentioned a Bo Derek fastball, but, I don't get that one, what was it a 10?!
Again, thanks for the book and the autograph, and keep up the good work, believe it or not, it has been beneficial to me! I also was a great admirer of Brian Piccolo when I was a kid, but I think the original movie with Jimmy Caan and Billy Dee Williams was the better of the two!



Thanks again and may God bless you and your daughter, your pal,

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX (getting back them "High Hopes" again)



P.S. Your book is now in a "place of honor" on my bookshelf between my books on Roberto Clemente and Harry Kalas!

No comments:

Post a Comment